Missouri Radiation Therapy Schools and Colleges[radiation]
Radiation therapy is an area of the health care industry projected to keep expanding and offering many employment opportunities in the future. Radiation therapists have an important role in the treatment of cancer, using specialized equipment to target and eliminate cancerous growths. Completion of a radiation therapy degree in Missouri is a good career choice for prospective students interested in both helping patients and working with cutting-edge technology.
For applicants of radiation therapist schools in Missouri, you might need to complete a selection of related general education courses like biology and math. Aside from that, colleges might require you to complete basic level healthcare courses like health information technology and medical terminology so you shall be ready for the radiation therapy courses. Since radiography and radiation therapy are closely related, some radiation therapy schools in Missouri even demand completion of a degree in radiography and a passing score on its associated certification exam.
Saint Louis University
Doisy College of Health Sciences
3437 Caroline Street
St Louis, MO 63104
Phone: (314) 977-8630
Director: Kathleen Oelke Kienstra
|Program||Length||Completion Rate||ARRT Pass %||Job Placement|
|B.S. in Radiation Therapy||48||80%||89%||96%|
Saint Louis University has the only JRCERT accredited Radiation Therapy program in Missouri. The RT program at the Doisy College of Health Sciences was founded in 1968, making it one of the oldest RT program in the United States.
They have a 7 different BS tracks based on students needs:
- The Bachelor of Science in RT is the standard curriculum track students follow.
- The Bachelor of Science in RT+ PreMed option is a curriculum track designed for students pursuing medical school after graduation.
- The Bachelor of Science in RT + PrePA option is a curriculum track designed for students pursuing physician assistant school after graduation.
- The Bachelor of Science in RT + Education Minor curriculum allows students to earn an education minor while earning their bachelors degree.
- The Bachelor of Science in RT + Business Administration Cerifitcate curriculum allows students to earn a certificate in business administration while earning their bachelors degree.
- The Bachelor of Science in RT + Health Information Management Certificate curriculum allows students to earn a certificate in health information management while earning their bachelors degree.
- The Second Degree RT Option is for students who currently possess a bachelors degree seeking training in radiation therapy. Once all prerequisites courses are successfully completed, students can complete the program in 12 months.
Students will complete their clinical internship portion of their RT education in the following clnical locations:
- Barnes Jewish Hospital Siteman Cancer Center
- Saint Louis University Hospital
- Missouri Baptist Medical Center
- St. Anthony’s Medical Center
- Siteman Cancer-Center-St. Peters
- SSM Lake St. Louis
- SSM St. John’s Mercy Medical Center David Pratt Cancer Center
- SSM Cancer Center at St. Clare Hospital in Fenton
- Belleville Cancer Treatment Center in Swansea, Illinois.
Seats Available: 12
Estimated Cost of Entire Program
Cox Health Systems
850 S National Ave Suite 100
Springfield, MO 65807
Phone: (417) 269-5363
Director: Sarah J Friend
According to ARRT, Cox Health Systems is suppose to offer an Radiatio Therapy program, but I there was no info on their website nor is it accredited by JRCERT. If you have more info about this program, please use the contact form and I will update this.
To complete a radiation therapy degree in Missouri, applicants will need to take and pass some of the courses below:
- College writing
- Ethics & Law in Radiation Therapy
- Radiation Physics I
- Film Review
Additional training in radiation therapy theories, procedures, and safety precautions is an integral part of any program in a MO radiation therapy school as well. Hands-on training with radiation therapy devices are also offered for advanced students in numerous of these programs. The duration of the coursework in radiation therapy schools in Missouri might be from one to two years, dependant upon specific schools.
If you’re ready to apply to a radiation therapist school in Missouri, be sure you consider the volume of prerequisites that you have already met if you’re already in school. Then use our site to obtain the right program for you. Request information directly from our website to save time.