Washington DC Radiation Therapy Schools and Colleges
Radiation therapy is an area of the health care industry projected to continue expanding and providing numerous career opportunities in the near future. Radiation therapists have an important role in the management of cancer, using specialized equipment to target and eliminate cancerous growths. Completion of a radiation therapy degree in Washington DC is a good career choice for applicants interested in both helping patients and working with cutting-edge technology.
6th and Bryant Streets NW
Washington, DC 20059
Phone: (202) 806-5920
Director: Adrienne D Harrison
|Program||Length||Completion Rate||ARRT Pass %||Job Placement|
|Bachelor of Science in Radiation Therapy||48 Months||83%||67%||84%|
The JRCERT accredited program offered at Howard University is split in two divisions, an upper and lwoer division. Students in their freshmen and sophmore year of college will spend their spend completing general education and preresquisites. Their last two years of college at Howard are split between didatic courses and clinical internships.
Upper Division Program Requirements
- Have an overall cumulative GPA of 2.8/4.0 or higher in all required prerequisite college courses for an approved accredited University/College, with no grade below “C”;
- Possess a math and science GPA of 2.5/4.0 or higher;
- Successfully complete pre-professional course work, as specified;
- 3 letters of professional recommendations using the Applicant Evaluation and Recommendation forms;
- Autobiographical sketch (max. 3 pages, typed, 12 font, and double-spaced;
- Evidence of TOEFL test results with application if your native language is not English,.
- Statement of Reason for Professional Career Choice (max. 2 pages)
- First Aid and CPR certifications for health professionals (Adult and Child);
- Have taken Math and science prerequisite courses within the past 3 years.
- Howard University Hospital - Washington DC, 20060
- MedStar-Georgetown University Hospital - Washington DC, 20007
- Washington Adventist Hospital Takoma – Park MD, 20912
- Washington Hospital Center - Washington DC, 20010
Application Deadline: February 15th
Seats Available: 30
To complete a radiation therapy degree in Washington DC, applicants will need to take and pass some of the courses below:
- Methods of Patient Care
- Ethics & Law in Radiation Therapy
- Radiation Physics II
- Introduction to Radiation Therapy I
- Registry Examination Preparation
Additional training in radiation therapy theories, procedures, and safety precautions is an essential part of any program in a DC radiation therapy school as well. Hands-on training with radiation therapy devices are also offered for advanced students in most of these programs.
Before applying to one of the radiation therapist schools in Washington DC, consider the amount of prerequisites that have already been met. Then start the next step today by researching different program requirements and requesting more information from the schools which are the best fit.